Near-net-shape manufacturing technology and advanced steel materials
Honors and Awards
Prof. Xinping Mao has won three National Science and Technology Progress Awards, eight Provincial & Ministerial Science and Technology Progress First-class Awards, one National Excellent Engineering Design Silver Award, one Outstanding Chinese Patent Award, and published more than 160 papers. He has authorized more than 60 invention patents, published three books, which were selected as the "Three One-Hundreds Plan" Original Books and "Twelfth Five-Year Plan" National Key Books.
1. X.P.Mao. Microalloying Technology on Thin Slab Casting and Direct Rolling Process [M]. Beijing, Metallurgical Industry Press. 2008.
2. X.P.Mao. Titanium Microalloyed Steel [M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 2016.
3. X.P.Mao. Titanium Microalloyed Steel: Fundamentals, Technology, and Products[M]. Springer Press, 2019.
1.X.P.Mao , X.D.Huo, X.J.Sun, Y.Z.Chai. Strengthening mechanisms of a new 700MPa hot rolled Ti-microalloyed steel produced by compact strip production[J]. Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 2010, 210(9): 1660-1666.
2.X.P.Mao , Q.L.Cheng, X.J.Sun. Metallurgical Interpretation on Grain Refinement and Synergistic Effect of Mn and Ti in Ti-microalloyed Strip Produced by CSP[J]. Journal of Iron and Steel Research International, 2014, 21: 31-40.
3. X.P.Mao, X.J.Sun, Y.L.Kang, et al. Physical and metallurgical characteristics of Ti microalloyed steel in thin slab continuous casting and rolling. Acta Metallurgica Sinica, 2006; 42 (10): 1091-1095.
4. X.P.Mao, J.X.Gao, Y.Z.Chai. Development of Thin Slab Continuous Casting and Rolling Technology in China [J]. Iron and Steel, 2014, 49 (7): 49-60.
Director of the Center for Collaborative Innovation of Steel Technology in the National “2011 Plan”, 2011-
Chairman of China Marine Materials Industry Technology Innovation Alliance;
Chairman of China Metallurgical Society Near-Net Shape Manufacturing Technology Branch;
Executive Director of Low Alloy Steel Branch of the Chinese Society for Metals.