DirectorTel.：+86-10-62332192 Email：firstname.lastname@example.org Title：Professor
1. Structrural-functional intermetallics, including High Nb-containing TiAl alloys, High Si electrical steel, New advanced porous intermetallics
2. Additive manufacturing (3D printing) for advanced materials
3. Severe deformation and structure control for hard-deformed materials
4. Advanced energy materials
1989 Ph. D. Materials Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, P. R. China
1983 B. E. Materials Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, P. R. China
2018-present Director, State Key Laboratory for Advanced Metals and Materials
1998-present Professor, University of Science and Technology Beijing
1993-1998 Deputy Professor, University of Science and Technology Beijing
2007 Guest Professor, National Institute for Materials Science(NIMS), Japan
2001-2002 Senior Visiting Scholar, West Virginia University, USA
1999 Senior Visiting Scholar, Institute of Metal Physics, Ural Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Ekaterinburg, Russia
1990-1993 Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Material Physics, University of Science and Technology Beijing
Honors and Awards
1. Chief Scientist of the Major State Basic Research Development Program of China (973 Program)
2. State Department Special Allowance Expert
3. New Century Excellent Talents of China
4. Second Prize in Science and Technology for Nonferrous Metals Industry in China, 2012
5. First Prize of Natural Science of Ministry of Education, 2008
6. First Prize of Natural Science of Ministry of Education, 2001
7. Second Prize of Science and Technology Progress Award of Ministry of Metallurgy, 1998
8. Second Prize of Science and Technology Progress Award of Ministry of Metallurgy, 1996
9. Second prize of science and technology progress award of State Education Commission, 1996
Physical Metallurgy for the Structural Ordered Intermetallics (in Chinese), G.L. Chen and J.P. Lin, Metallurgical Industry Press, 2000.
Selected from over 390 published papers:
1. L. Song, F. Appel, L. Wang, M. Oehring, X.G. Hu, A. Stark, J.Y. He, U. Lorenz, T.B. Zhang, J.P. Lin, F. Pyczak. Acta Materialia, 2020, 186: 575-58.
2. B. Zhang, Y.F. Liang, S.B. Wen, S. Wang, X.J. Shi, F. Ye, J.P. Lin. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 2019, 474: 51-55. High-strength low-iron-loss silicon steels fabricated by cold rolling.
3. J. Ding, M.H. Zhang, Y.F. Liang, Y. Ren, C.L. Dong. Acta Materialia, 2018, 161: 1-11. Enhanced high-temperature tensile property by gradient twin structure of duplex high-Nb-containing TiAl alloy.
4. S.M. Hao, H. Zhang, W. Yao, J.P. Lin. Journal of Power Sources, 2018, 393: 128-134. Solid-state lithium battery chemistries achieving high cycle performance at room temperature by a new garnet-based composite electrolyte.
5. J. Ding, M.H. Zhang, T. Ye, Y.F. Liang, Y. Ren, C.L. Dong, J.P. Lin. Acta Materialia, 2018, 145: 504-515. Microstructure stability and micro-mechanical behavior of as-cast gamma-TiAl alloy during high-temperature low cycle fatigue.
6. W.Y. Gui, J.P. Lin, G.J Hao, Y.H. Qu, Y.F. Liang H. Zhang. Scientific Reports, 2017, 7: 308-315. Electrolytic plasma processing-aninnovative treatment for surface modification of 304 stainless steel.
7. W. Kan, B. Chen, C. Jin, H. Peng, J. Lin. Materials and Design, 2018, 160: 611-623. Microstructure and mechanical properties of a high Nb-TiAl alloy fabricated by electron beam melting.
8. T. Ye, L. Song, S.B. Gao, Y.F. Liang, Y.L. Wang, J.P. Lin. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2017, 701 (15): 882–891. Precipitation behavior of the ωo phase in an annealed high Nb-TiAl alloy.
9. L.Yang, L.H. Chai, Y.F. Liang, J.P. Lin. Intermetallics, 2015, 66: 149-155. Numerical simulation and experimental verification of gravity and centrifugal investment casting low pressure turbine blades for high Nb–TiAl alloy.
10. Y.S. Wang, X.H. Sun, G.J. Hao, J.P. Lin. Metallurgical & Materials Transactions A, 2015: 1-6. Fracture Morphology and Local Deformation Characteristics in the Metallic Glass Matrix Composite Under Tension.
11. Z.Z. Shen, J.P. Lin, Y.F. Liang. Intermetallics, 2015, 67: 19-25. A novel hot pack rolling of high Nb–TiAl sheet from cast ingot.
12. Y.F. Liang, X.J. Xu, J.P. Lin. Rare Metals, 2016, 35(1): 15-25. Advances in phase relationship for high Nb-containing TiAl alloys.
13. Y.S. Wang, G.J. Hao, Y. Zhang, J.P. Lin. Intermetallics, 2015, 67: 121-126. Effect of temperature on mechanical properties of Ti-based metallic glass matrix composite.
14. S. Xu, X. Xu, Y. Xu, J. Lin. Materials & Design, 2016, 101:88-94. Phase transformations and phase equilibria of a Ti-46.5Al-16.5Nb alloy.
15. F. Wang, J.P. Lin, Y.F Liang, J.P. Lin. Materials & Design, 2016, 109: 700-708. Fabrication of nano-porous γ-Al2O3, layers on porous Ti-48Al-6Nb alloys.
16. W.Y Gui, G.J Hao, Y.F. Liang, J.P. Lin. Applied Surface Science, 2016, 389: 1161-1168. Surface Modification by Electrolytic Plasma Processing for High Nb-TiAl Alloys.
17. S.B. Gao, X.J. Xu, Z.Z. Shen, J.P. Lin. Materials Science & Engineering A, 2016, 677: 89-96. Microstructure and properties of forged plasma arc melted pilot ingot of Ti-45Al-8.5Nb-(W, B, Y) alloy.
18. X. Yang, X. Ding, G. Hao, et al. Plasma Chemistry & Plasma Processing, 2016: 1-11. Cathodic Plasma Electrolysis Processing for Metal Coating Deposition.
19. L. Fang, J.P. Lin, Y.F. Liang, J.P. Lin. Intermetallics, 2016, 78:8-16. Microstructural instability in surface layer of a high Nb-TiAl alloy processed by shot peening following high temperature exposure.
20. W.Y. Gui, J.P. Lin, G.J. Hao, J.P. Lin. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters, 2016, 8(5): 428-433. Light-triggered drug release platform based on superhydrophobicity of mesoporous silica nanoparticles.
21. L. Song, X.J. Xu. L. You, J.P. Lin. Journal of Alloys & Compounds, 2015, 618: 305-310. B19 phase in Ti–45Al–8.5Nb–0.2W–0.2B–0.02Y alloy.
22. K.M. Pan, W. Liu, L.Q. Zhang, J.P. Lin. Materials Science & Engineering A, 2015, 623(623): 124-132. Deformation behavior of Mo5SiB2 at elevated temperatures.
23. L. Song, X.J. Xu, C. Peng, J.P. Lin. Philosophical Magazine Letters, 2015, 95(2): 85-91. Deformation behaviour and 6H-LPSO structure formation at nanoindentation in lamellar high Nb containing TiAl alloy.
24. H. Li, Y.F. Liang, W. Yang, J.P. Lin. Materials Science & Engineering A, 2015, 628:262-268. Disordering induced work softening of Fe–6.5wt%Si alloy during warm deformation.
25. Z.Y. Zhang, Y.L. Wang, X.J. Xu, J.P. Lin. Advanced Engineering Materials, 2015, 17(10): 1414–1419. Synthesis and characterization of TiAl-based nanocomposites by a melt electromagnetic stirring process.
26. Y.S. Wang, G.J. Hao, R. Ma, J.P. Lin. Intermetallics, 2015, 60: 66-71. Quasi-static and dynamic compression behaviors of metallic glass matrix composites.
27. L. Song, X.J. Xu, L. You, J.P. Lin. Acta Materialia, 2015, 91: 330-339. Ordered α2 to ω phase transformations in high Nb-containing TiAl alloys.
28. L. Yang, W.B. Kan, Y.W. Zhang, J.P. Lin. Acta Matallurgica Sinica 2015, 51(7): 859-865. Effect of Si addition on the microstructure and room temperature tensile properties of high Nb-TiAl alloy.
29. F. Wang, Y.F. Liang, S.L. Shang, J.P. Lin. Materials Science and Technology, 2015, 31(11): 1388-1391. Nb–Al diffusion reaction in high Nb containing TiAl porous alloys.
30. L.W. Zhang, J.P. Lin, J. He, J.P. Lin. Intermetallics, 2015, 63:67-72. Influence of thermal stabilization treatment on the subsequent microstructure development during directional solidification of a Ti–46Al–5Nb alloy.
31. F. Wang, Y.F. Liang, S. Shang, J.P. Lin. Materials & Design, 2015, 83: 508-513. Phase transformation in Ti–48Al–6Nb porous alloys and its influence on pore properties.
32. L. Fang, J.P. Lin, X.F. Ding. Materials Chemistry & Physics, 2015, 167: 112-118. Thermal cycling induced microstructural instability in fully lamellar Ti–45Al–8.5Nb–(W, B, Y) alloys.
33. Y. S. Wang, G. J. Hao, Y. Zhang, J. P. Lin and J. W. Qiao. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 2014, 45: 2357-2362. Fabrication and mechanical characterization of Ti-based metallic glass matrix composites by the bridgman solidification.
34. L. Song, X. J. Xu, L. You, Y. F. Liang, J. P. Lin. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2014, 616: 483-491. Phase transformation and decomposition mechanisms of the ω phase in cast high Nb containing TiAl alloy.
35. J. P. Lin, X. J. Xu, L. Q. Zhang, Y. F. Liang, Y. Xu, G. J. Hao. TMS2014，Gamma TiAl Alloys 2014，Feb.16-20, San Diego, California, USA, p.108. Alloy design concepts for wrought high temperature TiAl alloys.
36. L. Song, L. Q. Zhang, X. J. Xu, J. Sun and J. P. Lin. Scripta Materialia, 2013, 68: 929-932. Omega phase in as-cast high-Nb-containing TiAl alloy.
37. F. Yang, M. Tane, J. P. Lin, Y. H. Song, H. Nakajima. Materials and Design, 2013, 49: 755–760. Pore formation and compressive deformation in porous TiAl–Nb alloys containing directional pores.
38. H. Z. Cao, D. H. Lu, J. P. Lin, Q. Ye, J. J. Wu, G. Q. Zheng. Electrochimica Acta，2013, 91: 234-239. Novel Sb-doped ruthenium oxide electrode with ordered nanotube structure and its electrocatalytic activity toward chlorine evolution.
39. F. Yang, L. Q. Zhang, J. P. Lin, Y. F. Liang, Y. H. He, S. L. Shang, Z. K. Liu. Intermetallics, 2013, 33: 2-7. Pore structure and gas permeability of high Nb-containing TiAl porous alloys by elemental powder metallurgy for microfiltration application.
1.Member, TMS High Temperature Alloys Committee
2.Vice-President, Committee for Intermetallics and Amorphous Alloys CMRS
3.Member of the Editorial Board, Journal Kovove Materialy-Metallic Material
4.Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of the Korean Society for Heat Treatment
5.Member of the Editorial Board, Chinese Materials Progress
6.Organizer, Gamma TiAl alloy Technology 2019, July 22-26, Dunhuang, China
7.Co-Organizer, Gamma TiAl alloy Technology 2018, June 3-7, Harbin, China
8.Co-Organizer, TMS- GAT-2017, Feb 26-March 2, San Diego, USA
9.Organizer, Gamma Alloys Technologies (GAT) 2015, 26-30 April, 2015, Nanjing, China
10.Co-Organizer, Gamma TiAl alloys 2014, TMS, 2014, Feb. 17-20, San Diego, USA
11.Co-Organizer, Materials for High-temperature Applications: Next Generation Superalloy and Beyond, TMS, 2014, Feb. 17-20, San Diego, USA
12.Co-Organizer, Gamma (TiAl) Alloy Technology 2013, 2013, June 11-14, Toulouse, France.
13.Organizer, Gamma (TiAl) Alloy Technology 2012, 2012, June 5-9, Beijing, China.
14.Organizer and Session Chair for Intermetallics & MMCs, Working Committee Members, The 12th World Conference on Titanium, June 19-24, 2011, Beijing, China
15.Organizer, Structrural Intermetallics, International Conferenceon Aerospace Materials, June 25-30，2006，Beijing，China
16.Session Chair, Gamma Alloys Technologies (GAT) 2015, 26-30 April, 2015, Nanjing, China
17.Session Chair, Gamma TiAl alloys 2014, TMS, 2014, Feb. 17-20, San Diego, USA
18.Session Chair, Materials for High-temperature Applications: Next Generation Superalloy and Beyond, TMS, 2014, Feb. 17-20, San Diego, USA
19.Session Chair, Gamma (TiAl) Alloy Technology 2013, 2013, June 11-14, Toulouse, France
20.Session Chair, Materials in Clean Power Systems VII: Clean Coal, Hydrogen Based Technologies, and Fuel Cells: Materials for Clean Coal Technologies, Turbines, TMS 2012, March 11 - 15, 2012，Orlando, Florida，USA
21.Session Chair, Gamma (TiAl) Alloy Technology 2012, 2012, June 5-9, Beijing, China
22.Session Chair, The 12th World Conference on Titanium, June 19-24, 2011, Beijing, China
23.Session Chair, Environmental Degradation and Protection of High Temperature Alloys: High Temperature Oxidation, MS&T09, October 25-29, 2009, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
24.Session Chair, Properties, The 11th World Conference on Titanium, June 3-7, 2007, Kyoto, Japan
25.Session Chair, The 7th International Workshop on Advanced Intermetallics and Metallic Materials, May 18 to 23, 2008, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
26.Organizing Committee, The 7th International Workshop on Advanced Intermetallics and Metallic Materials, May 18 to 23, 2008, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China